District Wide Bridge Repair Survey
FDOT District 2
Duval County, Florida
- Over 200 Bridge Surveys in the Past 5 years
- High Definition Multibeam and Laser Scan Systems
- Pre-qualified by FDOT /ACOE/NOAA
- Professional Surveyors
Arc Surveying & Mapping, Inc. has provided the Florida Department of Transportation, District 2, with surveys at 7 bridge sites during 2010. The intent of the surveys was to identify scour around unknown structures suitable for use in placement of scour counter measures, such as rip rap. Survey services included;
- bathymetric multibeam swath surveys – providing 100% coverage of the seafloor and underwater bridge foundations and piling,
- topographic optical laser scan surveys – providing 100% coverage of the above water bridge structure,
- combining bathymetric and topographic surveys ( xyz point cloud data) into a 3D interactive computer model,
- side scan sonar survey identifying objects lying or protruding from the seafloor, such as pipes, cables, pilings, etc.,
- magnetometer survey identifying ferrous metals, pipelines, cables buried and lying on the seafloor.
All surveys are geo-referenced horizontally to the Florida State Plane Coordinate System, East Zone, NAD83 and vertically to the National Geodetic Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD88). Survey Standards and Procedures are performed in strict compliance with A/E/C and FGDC protocol. Deliverables are provided in hard copy and digital, AutoCAD and or MicroStation formats.